Joining the Renewable Heating Hub forums is completely free and only takes a minute. By registering you’ll be able to ask questions, join discussions, follow topics you’re interested in, bookmark useful threads and receive notifications when someone replies. Non-registered members also do not have access to our AI features. When choosing your username, please note that it cannot be changed later, so we recommend avoiding brand or product names. Before registering, please take a moment to read the Forum Rules & Terms of Use so we can keep the community helpful, respectful and informative for everyone. Thanks for joining!
Unvented Hot Water cyclinder 300l 50c vs 60c
I have an 300l unvented cyclinder which I'm currently heating to 52c during cheap rate and then topping up at midday.
Probably 5 showers plus taps and kitchen sink usage.
My query is if I was to heat to 60c would that allow me to not have to top up in the day?
13.6kw Solar, 40kw Battery, 10kw Heat Pump and EV Cars
It might do, try it and see?
As the majority of your usage is showering, where the hot water will be blended down to ~38C, heating it hotter should make it go further as less hot and more cold will be used for each shower.
On a practical note - can your heat pump actually heat the hot water to 60C? Mine can't, the flow temp cuts out at 60C max which achieves a DHW tank temp of ~54C. After this, the immersion kicks in, so hot hot you can heat will depend on the max flow temp your ASHP can achieve.
Samsung 12kW gen6 ASHP with 50L volumiser and large radiators. 7.2kWp solar (south facing), Tesla PW3 (13.5kW). Net Zero
I will experiment, yes my ashp is capable of heating to 60c I'm sure I had it that way at the start.
13.6kw Solar, 40kw Battery, 10kw Heat Pump and EV Cars
- 27 Forums
- 2,777 Topics
- 65.5 K Posts
- 1,651 Online
- 7,183 Members
Join Us!
Installer Finder
Degrees of Separation
Latest Posts
-
RE: Say hello and introduce yourself
@cathoderay Agree, time to migrate
By Paul1098 , 12 minutes ago
-
RE: Tesla Powerwall (2) Calibration Cycles
I’ve had two calibration cycles in the last three month...
By Davesoa , 6 hours ago
-
RE: Is This Initial Free Quote From Octopus Trusted Partner Reasonable?
@editor That's a pity, but thank you for checking. I'l...
By ltron2 , 20 hours ago
-
My fifth heat pump book, Heat Pumps Explained, is out n...
By Mars , 1 day ago
-
RE: Who's your electricity provider and what's your tariff?
Just furkled Into the parameter menu. Found the master ...
By AgentGeorge , 1 day ago
-
RE: Analysis of the economics of switching to an A2W ASHP compared to other heat sources
It's interesting that Norway with a much colder climate...
By Rob of York , 1 day ago
-
RE: Review your electricity provider
Happy to add Scottish Power and the review 'dont touch ...
By JamesPa , 1 day ago
-
RE: Is it just me, or does tradesperson timekeeping and communication drive you absolutely mad?
Yes, and I would suggest likely to get worse with more ...
By Batpred , 3 days ago
-
RE: Electricity price predictions
This topic seems more suitable for this thread... I a...
By Batpred , 3 days ago
-
RE: Why are ASHP installs so expensive?
It is clearly difficult to say, there must be cases whe...
By Batpred , 3 days ago
-
RE: Panasonic Free Multi Z and Etherea Internal units.
@dgclimatecontrol Thank you for that information and re...
By Toodles , 3 days ago
-
RE: My Kronoterm Adapt 0312 ASHP is finally installed!
@editor It was serendipitous really. Both my wife and I...
By tomasmcguinness , 3 days ago
-
@mrkfm, I'd also suggest that whenever you're ready, st...
By Mars , 4 days ago
-
RE: Are you planning to use a wood burner to supplement your central heating this winter?
I use my stove daily for backup and comfort. Definitely...
By Margarethomas , 4 days ago


