Joining the Renewable Heating Hub forums is completely free and only takes a minute. By registering you’ll be able to ask questions, join discussions, follow topics you’re interested in, bookmark useful threads and receive notifications when someone replies. Non-registered members also do not have access to our AI features. When choosing your username, please note that it cannot be changed later, so we recommend avoiding brand or product names. Before registering, please take a moment to read the Forum Rules & Terms of Use so we can keep the community helpful, respectful and informative for everyone. Thanks for joining!
Grant Aerona R290 (15.5kW) - How is DHW Target Temp calculated?
Hello all,
We have just had a Grant Aerona R290 installed and it seems to be having a problem in getting to the target DHW temp of 47c. It has a hysteresis setting of 6c and I recently discovered that it has a DHW temp correction of 2c in the Installation Controller - Main heat source configuration. It also has a DHW Set Temp of 45c on the controller display (but 450c on Econet24!). I suspect the latter is a default value though.
I think that the real target would be 47c plus the temp correction of 2c giving 49c. However, would it be "satisfied" if it came up to the hysteresis value of 49-6? Aaarrgghh! (It was much simpler with our older GSHP.)
I reckon this results in the HP attempting to get the DHW up to temp and therefore cycling as shown on Home Assistant:
I do not understand why the heat pump would just stop attempting to get the temp up to target.
Makes me wonder about Econet24 too - it lost Circuit 2 last week and I thought the power cut this morning would reset the link from the Econet300 to the server. Still no circuit2!
When I reduce the target or use the schedule to remove the DHW priority, the CH system works well with an existing UFH utilising Uponor controllers.
It doesn't help that there are some discrepancies between the Smart Controller manual and what the Smart Controller is displaying. There again, this technology is advancing at a fair old pace!
Anyone had similar problems with these heat pumps or Smart Controllers?
Any advice/tips would be gratefully received as I have racked my poor befuddled brain with this!
Thank you,
Gerald.
Just in case someone else has the misfortune to come across similar issues and finds this topic...
The installers responded quickly - fair play to them - and had Grant on the phone while they were here. There was quite a bit of discussion which resulted in a curve of 1.0 for one circuit and a DHW temp correction of 5c under Installation Controller - Main heat source. The sensor was moved to another pocket as the original position would have meant incoming cold water would have influenced it quite directly. Working well now but the term hysteresis in this case does not mean a buffer above and below the target temperature, merely below - 6c in our case.
- 27 Forums
- 2,777 Topics
- 65.5 K Posts
- 2,276 Online
- 7,183 Members
Join Us!
Installer Finder
Degrees of Separation
Latest Posts
-
Tesla Powerwall (2) Calibration Cycles
I have recently noticed that my Powerwall 2 has taken t...
By Toodles , 10 minutes ago
-
RE: Say hello and introduce yourself
I think the sensible route is to do what you sensibly a...
By cathodeRay , 35 minutes ago
-
RE: Is This Initial Free Quote From Octopus Trusted Partner Reasonable?
@editor That's a pity, but thank you for checking. I'l...
By ltron2 , 12 hours ago
-
My fifth heat pump book, Heat Pumps Explained, is out n...
By Mars , 20 hours ago
-
RE: Who's your electricity provider and what's your tariff?
Just furkled Into the parameter menu. Found the master ...
By AgentGeorge , 21 hours ago
-
RE: Analysis of the economics of switching to an A2W ASHP compared to other heat sources
It's interesting that Norway with a much colder climate...
By Rob of York , 22 hours ago
-
RE: Review your electricity provider
Happy to add Scottish Power and the review 'dont touch ...
By JamesPa , 1 day ago
-
RE: Is it just me, or does tradesperson timekeeping and communication drive you absolutely mad?
Yes, and I would suggest likely to get worse with more ...
By Batpred , 3 days ago
-
RE: Electricity price predictions
This topic seems more suitable for this thread... I a...
By Batpred , 3 days ago
-
RE: Why are ASHP installs so expensive?
It is clearly difficult to say, there must be cases whe...
By Batpred , 3 days ago
-
RE: Panasonic Free Multi Z and Etherea Internal units.
@dgclimatecontrol Thank you for that information and re...
By Toodles , 3 days ago
-
RE: My Kronoterm Adapt 0312 ASHP is finally installed!
@editor It was serendipitous really. Both my wife and I...
By tomasmcguinness , 3 days ago
-
@mrkfm, I'd also suggest that whenever you're ready, st...
By Mars , 4 days ago
-
RE: Are you planning to use a wood burner to supplement your central heating this winter?
I use my stove daily for backup and comfort. Definitely...
By Margarethomas , 4 days ago



