Renewable Heating Hub, the providers ("RHH") of the service available on this forum ("Service") are not responsible for any user generated content and accounts in any way and will not be liable for what has been posted.
This Service is only available to users who are over the age of 16 only.
All content you write, submit, upload or otherwise make available to the Service ("Content") may be reviewed by staff members and moderators. All Content you submit or upload may also be sent to third party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential, as this Content will be available in the public domain once posted.
Do not provide banking details or other confidential information on the forums or via private messaging. If you do, RHH will not be held liable for any damages or losses that you may incur as a result of such actions.
Do not provide private details, such as date of birth or physical address, on the forums or via private messaging. If you do, RHH will not be held liable for any damages or losses that you may incur as a result of such actions.
You agree not to use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult, pornographic or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity or otherwise violates any laws. The use of profanity is also strictly prohibited. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.
We may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, and with or without notice. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
You may not access the Service using automated or programmatic means (such as content scrapers). Anyone caught doing so will be banned indefinitely.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You, however, retain copyright over the Content.
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
By accepting the terms you will also abide by the following rules:
When posting you must:
- not submit aggressive, insulating, libellous, antagonistic, racist or otherwise abusive Content about any individual, product or company.
- must not submit swear words or use words in such a way as to circumvent swear word removal systems. This may lead to warnings and users being banned.
- must not submit any images or text which are in any way inappropriate, pornographic, offensive or violent.
- must not promote websites which contain inappropriate material (such as pornography) or which are in competition with Renewable Heating Hub.
- must not submit promotional information about any illegal activities (such as piracy).
- must not submit any spam. People posting spam will be instantly and permanently banned, and their posts will be deleted.
- members who own, operate, represent or who are affiliated with a commercial enterprise or competing website must not submit messages which reference that organisation in any way unless they are advertisers on Renewable Heating Hub. This includes promotion of and providing support for that organisation. More details on this point are provided below under the heading Self promotion & advertising.
- must not create new threads in more than one forum. Doing so is called cross-posting and this is not permitted. You should pick the single most appropriate forum for your message. Duplicate posts will be deleted.
- must not use URL shorteners. Shortened URLs are not permitted because it does not allow moderators to easily check that posted URLs are appropriate. Shortened URLs will be deleted and posts may be deleted.
- must not abuse the post ratings system in any way.
- must not question the judgments or actions of forum moderators or administrators. They are far too busy to enter into discussions or arguments.
When creating an account you must:
- not have avatars or signatures which contain the branding, names, details or contact information for any commercial enterprise, represent or are affiliated with, or any website competing with Renewable Heating Hub unless they are an advertiser and are posting in a professional capacity.
- must not have an inappropriate login name. We do not permit a login name which breaks any of the rules or which references a business, service or product unless the account belongs to an advertiser. For example, if you are John Smith and work for a company called Acme Heating Limited, you may register your account with the username John Smith. If you are self employed and your name is Peter Jones, and your company name is Peter Jones, you may register with the username Peter Jones, but you should not actively promote your services or products that constitute the nature of your business.
- must not register more than once. Doing so may get one or both registrations and all the posts deleted.
- must not re-register once banned. A ban from Renewable Heating Hub means you are no longer welcome to use our website ever again. Re-registering will lead to a permanent ban of the new account and a complaint will be sent to your Internet service provider (ISP).
- must not use animated avatars. Since avatars are displayed very often in the forums, a constant animation will likely be distracting/irritating. Any such avatars will be deleted.
We find that the vast majority of forum members have no problem with the above rules. However, if any of them are broken, then moderators will take appropriate action to ensure the forums remain a pleasant place to visit.
Reliance on posted information
While we aim to provide accurate information on our site, commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. If in doubt, please contact a certified professional to verify and approve any work before you proceed.
Disputes with moderators
If any forum member feels they would like to dispute a moderator's decision, first contact the moderator who made the decision at issue, or another moderator within that forum if the original moderator is unavailable. Politely explain why you disagree and request that they review their decision. If after their review, you are still unhappy, and the issue is important, you may escalate the issue by filling in the Contact Us page.
Rules for trading
No trading is permitted on Renewable Heating Hub. This may change in the future, but you may not sell or buy products or services on this site. Any such attempts will result in warnings and potential bans.
Self promotion & advertising
Members who own, operate, represent or who are affiliated with a commercial enterprise or competing website may not submit messages which reference that organisation in any way unless they are advertisers on Renewable Heating Hub. This includes promotion of and providing support for that organisation. Members representing companies may, however, answer specific questions that assist other users with issues or problems that they have encountered.
If we were to allow organisations, employees and self employed members to promote their businesses across the forums without any limitations, we would have many posts from manufacturers advertising their products and retailers selling their wares. This would detract from the usefulness of the website, annoy readers and undermine the key purpose of this website.
It may be tempting to some individuals representing companies to covertly invite business by pretending to be, for example, a 'satisfied customer'. This is very unwise, since if such dishonesty is discovered (either by members or moderators), and publicly exposed (as it often is), it could embarrass or even tarnish the reputation of the company in question.
Right of reply
Organisations have a right to reply to criticism on Renewable Heating Hub, but they must do this without making any self promotion.