Joining the Renewable Heating Hub forums is completely free and only takes a minute. By registering you’ll be able to ask questions, join discussions, follow topics you’re interested in, bookmark useful threads and receive notifications when someone replies. Non-registered members also do not have access to our AI features. When choosing your username, please note that it cannot be changed later, so we recommend avoiding brand or product names. Before registering, please take a moment to read the Forum Rules & Terms of Use so we can keep the community helpful, respectful and informative for everyone. Thanks for joining!
E121 error code on Samsung 12kw gen 6
Hi Craig,
First of all you will be using more electrical energy, since it is now colder outside. You should also be aware that electrical energy use by a heat pump is not linear with change in outside air temperature, but increases exponentially as the outside air temperature reduces. How much energy did you use?
I am assuming that the heat pump is no longer switching off for only 20 seconds?
One further interesting point is that the 'Inverter Pump' reading is now showing as 25%, which if you had a PWM controlled pump would mean that it would be running much slower. Don't change anything at the moment, but later it may be possible to try the pump on a slower speed setting.
What I don't understand is that the descriptions on the 'Master Indoor Zone Information' screen refer to an 'Indoor Unit', which you don't have in your system. I suppose it could just be that Samsung forgot to change the text in the software for the Monobloc heat pump.
Keep carrying out your tests, which I feel certain both you and others will find of use. One important thing to remember is that no two days are exactly the same, so making like for like comparisons may not always be possible.
@derek-m I had also noticed the reduction in pump speed. It also dropped to 45 when we turned of WC a few days ago.
What KW we were using is a little irrelevant as we didn't have the heating on much and it was much milder at over 10 degrees. We were using as little as 8.6 up to 15kw. Now yesterday was 20 but the outside temp has dropped again and we are on 3.6 outside temp.
The indoor unit bit threw me off aswell. I assumed it was something to do with the box on the front of the UVC.
Yes, we are no longer short cycling. Hooray. Just trying to get it to run as efficiently as possible now. I'll see tomorrow if the 2091, 2 and 3 at #3 is better or worse.
One of the difficulties I have is that we were on LPG before and on auto fill so had no real idea how much we used. We also rarely ran the boiler apart from a few hours a day when it got cold. So I've no comparison for electric Vs previous gas use.
@derek-m I've just read this article on this site
In your situation the simple answer is no.
Because your controller is showing a value of 0.0 at the moment, this indicates that your controller is solely in WC mode, and takes no account of the indoor air temperature. The thermostats can switch the heat pump on and off, but the controller will only vary the LWT dependent upon the outside air temperature.
I'm back now and having checked the energy use it seemed to run for longer and use more energy on #3 on all three settings although this could be down to outside temps as you said. I've put all three back to #2
I'm not sure if 2093 remote controller, room temp control should be the same as the others but that's what I've done so far.
@craig1980 it’s been two years since you posted on this topic. Curious to know what happened.
🔥 Britain’s Heat Pump Shitshow
How Installing a Heating System Became a National Nervous Breakdown
Free UK shipping.
📗 Heat Pumps Explained
A Jargon-Free Guide for Homeowners
Rewritten and updated for 2027
📘 From Zero to Heat Pump Hero
🛠️ Bodge Buster
New to heat pumps?
Take the Heat Pump Fundamentals course and use INTRO50 at checkout for 50% off.
- 27 Forums
- 2,787 Topics
- 65.8 K Posts
- 1,230 Online
- 7,192 Members
Join Us!
Installer Finder
Degrees of Separation
Latest Posts
-
RE: PV and battery long payback - sense check query
@energystoragetech it's highly improbable that @davidb ...
By Transparent , 4 hours ago
-
RE: Heat Geek installations: share your experiences
@editor I suspect that the Heat Geek online quote is a ...
By AndrewJ , 4 hours ago
-
RE: tepeo ZEB UK Support & Info Thread
@toodles The tepeo ZEB is a residential heat battery, w...
By wully , 4 hours ago
-
RE: Adding additional Solar Panels to a DC coupled battery system
Ah, yes. Thanks for clarifying.
By Transparent , 5 hours ago
-
RE: Replacing Storage Heaters with a Heat Pump in a Stone Cottage
Ah, that explains it. Thanks! Then I agree with ot...
By cathodeRay , 6 hours ago
-
RE: Vaillant ecoTEC Plus - Flow Temp and Set Up
@trebor12345 I have been meaning to get home assista...
By Batpred , 15 hours ago
-
RE: Indevolt Batteries UK Support & Info Thread
SunSynk hybrid inverters also have the capability to as...
By Transparent , 18 hours ago
-
RE: Is This Initial Free Quote From Octopus Trusted Partner Reasonable?
If you've got a sash window or a door you can remove th...
By EtchedPixels , 19 hours ago
-
RE: Are We Sleepwalking Into Another Race to the Bottom?
Roughly how most air/air is done except that step 3 doe...
By EtchedPixels , 20 hours ago
-
RE: Nook batteries from Octopus
@batpred If your energy use is low enough that just get...
By EtchedPixels , 20 hours ago
-
RE: Missing flow temperature in Heat Geek proposal
I suspect 4 yrs ago, their approach had not got to this...
By Batpred , 20 hours ago
-
RE: battery storage without solar
Also don't forget that in you may not be able to use th...
By JamesPa , 1 day ago
-
RE: Tesla Powerwall (2) Calibration Cycles
One practical safeguard is to separate the calibration ...
By EnergyStorageTech , 1 day ago
-
RE: Getting closer to a finished Haier system
Apart from sealing the external Primary Pro joints and ...
By Singlespeed , 2 days ago



