Joining the Renewable Heating Hub forums is completely free and only takes a minute. By registering you’ll be able to ask questions, join discussions, follow topics you’re interested in, bookmark useful threads and receive notifications when someone replies. Non-registered members also do not have access to our AI features. When choosing your username, please note that it cannot be changed later, so we recommend avoiding brand or product names. Before registering, please take a moment to read the Forum Rules & Terms of Use so we can keep the community helpful, respectful and informative for everyone. Thanks for joining!
Register mapping for Samsung ASHP model AE160RXYDEG/EU - contact with Samsung sought
Hello,
First of all, I'm not sure that this topic is in the right forum category - apologies if not.
My system also has solar panels, battery and a SolaX hybrid inverter.
I am in the process of building a data acquisition system (using an Arduino microprocessor) and have succeeded in accessing the registers of the SolaX inverter using the Modbus RS475 interface. To this end, I contacted SolaX for the register map of the inverter, and (after signing an NDA) they supplied the information within 24 hours (very pleasing !!)
I have attempted to make contact with Samsung for the equivalent information (register mapping) for their controller but cannot find an email address or messaging system on their website. Has anybody already got this information, or can they suggest any means of contact ? Thanks in anticipation !
@remittub Not sure if this helps, but have a look at Glyn Hudson's documentation in his github repository for modbus registers for his Samsung 5kW gen6 unit (AE050RXYDEG-EU), presumably very similar to yours:
https://github.com/glynhudson/samsung-modbus-mim-b19n
Glyn is active online and maybe able to provide further reference.
Hope that helps.
Samsung 12kW gen6 ASHP with 50L volumiser and large radiators. 7.2kWp solar (south facing), Tesla PW3 (13.5kW). Net Zero
Thanks old_scientist - I had come across Glyn's repository previously and would like to discuss the mapping with him.
@remittub I'll send your request to Samsung tomorrow and we'll see what they say.
🔥 Britain’s Heat Pump Shitshow
How Installing a Heating System Became a National Nervous Breakdown
Free UK shipping.
📗 Heat Pumps Explained
A Jargon-Free Guide for Homeowners
Rewritten and updated for 2027
📘 From Zero to Heat Pump Hero
🛠️ Bodge Buster
New to heat pumps?
Take the Heat Pump Fundamentals course and use INTRO50 at checkout for 50% off.
- 27 Forums
- 2,786 Topics
- 65.7 K Posts
- 1,353 Online
- 7,191 Members
Join Us!
Installer Finder
Degrees of Separation
Latest Posts
-
RE: Getting closer to a finished Haier system
Apart from sealing the external Primary Pro joints and ...
By Singlespeed , 22 minutes ago
-
RE: Missing flow temperature in Heat Geek proposal
@majordennisbloodnok I think the reason for my frust...
By Jo2255 , 2 hours ago
-
tepeo ZEB UK Support & Info Thread
Heat batteries offer another way to electrify home heat...
By Mars , 4 hours ago
-
RE: Are We Sleepwalking Into Another Race to the Bottom?
@jamespa Hope someone tries it! As a consumer, I woul...
By Batpred , 21 hours ago
-
RE: Air-to-Air Heat Pumps & Air Conditioning: UK Heating and Cooling Q&A
Our latest Homeowners’ Q&A episode has just dropped...
By Mars , 24 hours ago
-
RE: Vaillant ecoTEC Plus with sensoCOMFORT and weather compensation
Yes, its described in the sensocomfort manual. Its als...
By JamesPa , 1 day ago
-
RE: Heat Geek installations: share your experiences
My summary, highlighting the oddities.
By Batpred , 1 day ago
-
RE: Renewable Heating Hub Homeowners' Q&A Podcast
What a day yesterday! Two podcasts recorded, brilliant ...
By Mars , 2 days ago
-
RE: Tesla Powerwall (2) Calibration Cycles
@davesoa I’m rather a Luddite, but when I was running I...
By Papahuhu , 2 days ago
-
RE: Adding additional Solar Panels to a DC coupled battery system
I too use AI when researching online. It's able to co...
By Transparent , 2 days ago
-
RE: Indevolt Batteries UK Support & Info Thread
There is now a new Secretary of State for Energy Securi...
By Transparent , 3 days ago
-
RE: Do I add Air Con or MVHR to existing A2W ASHP?
@rob-of-york Looks like an impressive bit of kit. Just ...
By Batpred , 3 days ago
-
RE: DIY Heat Pump Installations: Navigating Legal and Regulatory Hurdles
The idealist in me says pioneers in this space should b...
By Batpred , 3 days ago
-
RE: How should the Boiler Upgrade Scheme be reformed?
Ah, that makes sense when a combi is in place. The boil...
By Batpred , 4 days ago
-
RE: Replacing Storage Heaters with a Heat Pump in a Stone Cottage
@bobflux Thanks, that gives me something to check the i...
By Paul1098 , 4 days ago



