Is this a bad insta...

Notifications
Clear all

Is this a bad installation and is there something wrong with my Samsung heat pump?

263 Posts
11 Users
62 Likes
(@david999)
Reputable Member Member
528 kWhs
Topic starter  

@toodles I thought all this nonsense stopped when they became regulated. And particularly so if samsung accredited. 

thats the lads just left having filled the cavities properly this time. 

ReplyQuote
(@derek-m)
Illustrious Member Moderator
13648 kWhs
Veteran Expert

Posted by: @toodles

@derek-m Ah! Now that is another matter of course!

On standard radiators it would appear that the flow is on the left.

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=f4e79416cdeea533&sca_upv=1&rlz=1C1OPRB_enGB514GB552&q=Which+side+of+radiator+is+flow+and+return&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi8wKaytrKFAxViWEEAHVNkAfcQ1QJ6BAhBEAE&biw=1600&bih=757&dpr=1

ReplyQuote
Transparent
(@transparent)
Famed Member Moderator
8179 kWhs
Veteran Expert

Posted by: @derek-m

What documents should the customer receive?

Part-L Section-9 provides a list of what to expect

Part L 9

Only the installer could generate this main instruction manual.

Note 9.2b where the instructions need to cross-reference to the manufacturer's manuals for each device installed on-site.

Personally, for 9.2a(iii) I think the installer would find it quicker to take a photo which shows the position of each adjustable device/valve, and label it.
That's easier for everyone, instead of trying to follow a text-based description.

Save energy... recycle electrons!

ReplyQuote

(@david999)
Reputable Member Member
528 kWhs
Topic starter  

@transparent the insulation guys for the cavity were out Friday removing my insulation and they stick want things in to agitate the insulation combined with compressed. Today we were looking at our power usage and surprised it was 2 quid. Then it dawned on us there is no heating. Checked all the fuses etc, pressure ok but short of opening the heat pump cover and testing I have no idea if power has been cut. 

does the controller give any data as to when it stopped producing heat. No water either so stuck it on standard and I suspect it uses the immersion. 

ReplyQuote
(@derek-m)
13648 kWhs
Veteran Expert

When they worked on the insulation did they close any valves and disconnect any pipework?

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by Mars

ReplyQuote
(@david999)
Reputable Member Member
528 kWhs
Topic starter  

@derek-m nope money on they have severed the cables into the house. Probably never run that trunking you can see all the way in

IMG 2441

ReplyQuote
(@david999)
Reputable Member Member
528 kWhs
Topic starter  

@derek-m nothing shut off, checked master switch and 240 in and out to pump, so not a damaged cable. 

is it possible it’s ingested some of the dust from them drilling and core cutting. It was covered in dust and if running at the time sucked crap in those vents.

IMG 2442
IMG 2443
IMG 2444

ReplyQuote
(@derek-m)
13648 kWhs
Veteran Expert

@david999

Did they move the heat pump and disconnect the pipework to drill through the wall? Did they top up the water and remove the air? What is the pressure gauge showing?

ReplyQuote
(@david999)
Reputable Member Member
528 kWhs
Topic starter  

@derek-m found the fault, during Saturday the power went off twice and seems to have defaulted to a zone mode. I went through the field settings and corrected it.  As a point of interest, can you fault find these with a meter or is it a laptop job. And would samsung give me an installation manual do you think.

booked samsung to come out in a weeks time to look at this install, the bloke is on holiday and returns in a week. 

ReplyQuote

(@derek-m)
13648 kWhs
Veteran Expert

I'm pleased to hear that you have discovered the problem, my next suggestion would have been to check the controller settings.

You should be able to download an installation manual. Google the model number and follow the various links.

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by Mars

ReplyQuote
Mars
 Mars
(@editor)
Illustrious Member Admin
16765 kWhs
Veteran

@david999 is it Kevin?

Buy Bodge Buster – Homeowner Air Source Heat Pump Installation Guide: https://amzn.to/3NVndlU

Follow our sustainability journey at My Home Farm: https://myhomefarm.co.uk

ReplyQuote
Transparent
(@transparent)
Famed Member Moderator
8179 kWhs
Veteran Expert

It's most likely Kelvin.

He's got more degrees.

Save energy... recycle electrons!

ReplyQuote
Page 12 / 22