Joining the Renewable Heating Hub forums is completely free and only takes a minute. By registering you’ll be able to ask questions, join discussions, follow topics you’re interested in, bookmark useful threads and receive notifications when someone replies. Non-registered members also do not have access to our AI features. When choosing your username, please note that it cannot be changed later, so we recommend avoiding brand or product names. Before registering, please take a moment to read the Forum Rules & Terms of Use so we can keep the community helpful, respectful and informative for everyone. Thanks for joining!
Hot water issues with Mitsubishi puhz-hw140v
Hi, I've been having complaints that the hot water in the afternoon is not as hot as it was.
Having avoided looking too closely at the system for the past 11 years, I think it's time to investigate the settings.
The ashp is a Mitsubishi puhz-hw140v with a Danfoss controller and wireless thermostat, the controller
is old school, not computerized.
I'm not quite sure why the package avoided using the timing functions on the Mitsubishi controller.
Since I changed the TP4000 default factory setting for condensing gas boilers, apart from the occasional
failure of the wireless link, all has been ok otherwise.
The house is rated at E, area 154m2 with total heating and hot water requirement estimate of 34,230 kwh.
Location is in the southern part of Bucks, not so far from High Wycombe.
Annual electricity consumption is around 10,000 kwh, of which I would think 60% is for heating.
Originally I've had some trouble with the pressure on the dhw system, and issues with the pressure vessels
loosing air, I had to fix these myself as the installer is no longer available and our plumbers don't want to
know. The main issue I can see is that the ASHP has developed a list of around 6 degrees due to
settlement around the wet end.
I would love to hear any recommendations regarding maintenance & servicing.
- 27 Forums
- 2,783 Topics
- 65.6 K Posts
- 2,121 Online
- 7,187 Members
Join Us!
Installer Finder
Degrees of Separation
Latest Posts
-
RE: Indevolt Batteries UK Support & Info Thread
I've got a podcast recording scheduled this week where ...
By Mars , 8 hours ago
-
RE: Renewable Heating Hub Homeowners' Q&A Podcast
I’m a little late posting this, but it’s genuinely one ...
By Mars , 8 hours ago
-
RE: How should the Boiler Upgrade Scheme be reformed?
Ah, that makes sense when a combi is in place. The boil...
By Batpred , 11 hours ago
-
RE: Replacing Storage Heaters with a Heat Pump in a Stone Cottage
@bobflux Thanks, that gives me something to check the i...
By Paul1098 , 11 hours ago
-
RE: DIY Heat Pump Installations: Navigating Legal and Regulatory Hurdles
Without doing some research I can't immediately answer ...
By JamesPa , 13 hours ago
-
RE: Tesla Powerwall (2) Calibration Cycles
For Powerwall calibration, avoid forcing repeated deep ...
By EnergyStorageTech , 20 hours ago
-
Over the years, due to the non barrier PEX underfloor h...
By bobflux , 1 day ago
-
RE: Getting closer to a finished Haier system
All the 45° elbows required for getting the primaries i...
By Singlespeed , 1 day ago
-
RE: battery storage without solar
Indeed, current on the grid input = current used for ch...
By bobflux , 3 days ago
-
RE: Who's your electricity provider and what's your tariff?
@papahuhu @papahuhu A lot of tears and sweat went into ...
By Andris , 3 days ago
-
RE: Solar Power Output – Let’s Compare Generation Figures
We have the same problem, 12 mature trees clip the morn...
By Papahuhu , 4 days ago
-
RE: Solis inverters S6-EH1P: pros and cons and battery options
I had a battery and inverter installed a while ago, my ...
By Batpred , 4 days ago
-
RE: Is This Initial Free Quote From Octopus Trusted Partner Reasonable?
@ltron2 The EPC on our house is A-92, however that i...
By Rob of York , 4 days ago
-
RE: Heat pump branding. Clever, contemporary… or a bit too much?
The layout is confusing - much better like this: We b...
By downfield , 5 days ago
-
RE: Is it just me, or does tradesperson timekeeping and communication drive you absolutely mad?
My experience, backed up by opinions from various frien...
By Majordennisbloodnok , 5 days ago
Members Online
No online members at the moment


