Joining the Renewable Heating Hub forums is completely free and only takes a minute. By registering you’ll be able to ask questions, join discussions, follow topics you’re interested in, bookmark useful threads and receive notifications when someone replies. Non-registered members also do not have access to our AI features. When choosing your username, please note that it cannot be changed later, so we recommend avoiding brand or product names. Before registering, please take a moment to read the Forum Rules & Terms of Use so we can keep the community helpful, respectful and informative for everyone. Thanks for joining!
Recommendation for Consultants in West Yorkshire for 1850's House Installation
Hi All,
First time poster here.
I did use the search function 1st, but couldn't quite find what I was looking for.
We're completing on an 1850's Farm cottage later this month, which we'd like to convert to ASHP.
The building isn't listed, it is an old farm house that has been extended over the years and has various sources of heating, it's currently on a relatively new oil boiler (last 5 years), some rooms have storage heaters,some radiators and some log burners.
The house is 380sqm, with 5 bedrooms and 7 reception rooms.
The house also comes with a 5.8kw wind turbine, which is annually serviced and provides an excellent output, compared to our current solar installation.
Whilst my job in new build commercial construction, is full of ASHP and Brukl documents day in and day out, I'd like to keep professional services with work and professional services for home life separate.
We are prepared that all radiators, will need to be replaced and potentially pipe work and also the adaptation to under floor heating in the lounge/kitchen/diner area.
I'd welcome people's recommendations for heat loss consultants and/or installers in the west Yorkshire area.
Thanks
Welcome to the forums. I’ll connect you some recommended installers in Yorkshire tomorrow using the email addresses you used to register on these forums.
🔥 Britain’s Heat Pump Shitshow
How Installing a Heating System Became a National Nervous Breakdown
Free UK shipping.
📗 Heat Pumps Explained
A Jargon-Free Guide for Homeowners
Rewritten and updated for 2027
📘 From Zero to Heat Pump Hero
🛠️ Bodge Buster
New to heat pumps?
Take the Heat Pump Fundamentals course and use INTRO50 at checkout for 50% off.
- 27 Forums
- 2,783 Topics
- 65.7 K Posts
- 1,880 Online
- 7,187 Members
Join Us!
Installer Finder
Degrees of Separation
Latest Posts
-
RE: Tesla Powerwall (2) Calibration Cycles
@davesoa I’m rather a Luddite, but when I was running I...
By Papahuhu , 16 minutes ago
-
RE: Adding additional Solar Panels to a DC coupled battery system
I too use AI when researching online. It's able to co...
By Transparent , 6 hours ago
-
RE: Getting closer to a finished Haier system
Theres comprehensive instalation and service manuals (I...
By Singlespeed , 20 hours ago
-
RE: Indevolt Batteries UK Support & Info Thread
There is now a new Secretary of State for Energy Securi...
By Transparent , 21 hours ago
-
RE: Do I add Air Con or MVHR to existing A2W ASHP?
@rob-of-york Looks like an impressive bit of kit. Just ...
By Batpred , 21 hours ago
-
RE: DIY Heat Pump Installations: Navigating Legal and Regulatory Hurdles
The idealist in me says pioneers in this space should b...
By Batpred , 21 hours ago
-
RE: Renewable Heating Hub Homeowners' Q&A Podcast
@ashp-bobba, I thought it was an interesting parallel. ...
By Mars , 1 day ago
-
RE: How should the Boiler Upgrade Scheme be reformed?
Ah, that makes sense when a combi is in place. The boil...
By Batpred , 2 days ago
-
RE: Replacing Storage Heaters with a Heat Pump in a Stone Cottage
@bobflux Thanks, that gives me something to check the i...
By Paul1098 , 2 days ago
-
Over the years, due to the non barrier PEX underfloor h...
By bobflux , 3 days ago
-
RE: battery storage without solar
Indeed, current on the grid input = current used for ch...
By bobflux , 4 days ago
-
RE: Who's your electricity provider and what's your tariff?
@papahuhu @papahuhu A lot of tears and sweat went into ...
By Andris , 4 days ago
-
RE: Solar Power Output – Let’s Compare Generation Figures
We have the same problem, 12 mature trees clip the morn...
By Papahuhu , 5 days ago
-
RE: Solis inverters S6-EH1P: pros and cons and battery options
I had a battery and inverter installed a while ago, my ...
By Batpred , 5 days ago
-
RE: Is This Initial Free Quote From Octopus Trusted Partner Reasonable?
@ltron2 The EPC on our house is A-92, however that i...
By Rob of York , 5 days ago



