Joining the Renewable Heating Hub forums is completely free and only takes a minute. By registering you’ll be able to ask questions, join discussions, follow topics you’re interested in, bookmark useful threads and receive notifications when someone replies. Non-registered members also do not have access to our AI features. When choosing your username, please note that it cannot be changed later, so we recommend avoiding brand or product names. Before registering, please take a moment to read the Forum Rules & Terms of Use so we can keep the community helpful, respectful and informative for everyone. Thanks for joining!
11.2kW Ecodan in 182sqm property
Posted by: @morganPosted by: @markcHave you got meters installed that monitor usage and delivery?Â
Known as MMSP Metering and Monitoring Service Package. Or access to the MelCloud app?Hi Mark. I don't have MMSP but I do have access to MELCloud. Although that tells me I need a firmware update but won't update for some obscure reason. Also I understand the data from MELCloud isn't at all accurate. For example the shown set temp' is 24C which is correct but it shows the actual room temp' as that or very close also which is inaccurate. The temp is set at 24C to keep the setting for weather comp' curve but the room temp is a comfortable 21/22C.  It makes me wonder if the other readings are accurate.
Without MMSP I'm not sure how accurate the app will be. Yes the control area is pretty useless I agree. The MelCloud app is mainly useful for generating energy usage reports. I find it easier to use if you access it via a desktop computer/browser.
the room temp is just the temperature where the wired in controller is located, unless you have a Mitsubishi wireless one or a remote temp sensor. Mine is in the airing cupboad and says 25C or so. Â
I have a Mitsubishi one but awaiting the Mitsubishi wireless receiver part to be delivered so I can get that installed.  For the moment it’s a Heatmiser Neostat Air.
Retrofitted 11.2kw Mitsubishi Ecodan to new radiators commissioned November 2021.
14 x 500w Monocrystalline solar panels.
2 ESS Smile G3 10.1 batteries.
ESS Smile G3 5kw inverter.
- 27 Forums
- 2,777 Topics
- 65.5 K Posts
- 1,144 Online
- 7,183 Members
Join Us!
Installer Finder
Degrees of Separation
Latest Posts
-
RE: Say hello and introduce yourself
@cathoderay I've noticed SPAB have done work on heat lo...
By Paul1098 , 9 minutes ago
-
Tesla Powerwall (2) Calibration Cycles
I have recently noticed that my Powerwall 2 has taken t...
By Toodles , 55 minutes ago
-
RE: Is This Initial Free Quote From Octopus Trusted Partner Reasonable?
@editor That's a pity, but thank you for checking. I'l...
By ltron2 , 13 hours ago
-
My fifth heat pump book, Heat Pumps Explained, is out n...
By Mars , 21 hours ago
-
RE: Who's your electricity provider and what's your tariff?
Just furkled Into the parameter menu. Found the master ...
By AgentGeorge , 22 hours ago
-
RE: Analysis of the economics of switching to an A2W ASHP compared to other heat sources
It's interesting that Norway with a much colder climate...
By Rob of York , 23 hours ago
-
RE: Review your electricity provider
Happy to add Scottish Power and the review 'dont touch ...
By JamesPa , 1 day ago
-
RE: Is it just me, or does tradesperson timekeeping and communication drive you absolutely mad?
Yes, and I would suggest likely to get worse with more ...
By Batpred , 3 days ago
-
RE: Electricity price predictions
This topic seems more suitable for this thread... I a...
By Batpred , 3 days ago
-
RE: Why are ASHP installs so expensive?
It is clearly difficult to say, there must be cases whe...
By Batpred , 3 days ago
-
RE: Panasonic Free Multi Z and Etherea Internal units.
@dgclimatecontrol Thank you for that information and re...
By Toodles , 3 days ago
-
RE: My Kronoterm Adapt 0312 ASHP is finally installed!
@editor It was serendipitous really. Both my wife and I...
By tomasmcguinness , 3 days ago
-
@mrkfm, I'd also suggest that whenever you're ready, st...
By Mars , 4 days ago
-
RE: Are you planning to use a wood burner to supplement your central heating this winter?
I use my stove daily for backup and comfort. Definitely...
By Margarethomas , 4 days ago



