Joining the Renewable Heating Hub forums is completely free and only takes a minute. By registering you’ll be able to ask questions, join discussions, follow topics you’re interested in, bookmark useful threads and receive notifications when someone replies. Non-registered members also do not have access to our AI features. When choosing your username, please note that it cannot be changed later, so we recommend avoiding brand or product names. Before registering, please take a moment to read the Forum Rules & Terms of Use so we can keep the community helpful, respectful and informative for everyone. Thanks for joining!
Still cycling at 8 mins on 20 seconds off with room stats at 25 degrees. Water outlet (flow temp I assume) is up a couple of degrees but the outside temp has also dropped tonight.Â
Posted by: @craig1980Still cycling at 8 mins on 20 seconds off with room stats at 25 degrees. Water outlet (flow temp I assume) is up a couple of degrees but the outside temp has also dropped tonight.Â
Hi Craig,
To try to find the root cause of the problem, it is necessary to observe how your system is actually operating, and compare this against how we think the system should be operating.
Below are a few checks and observations to make.
Carefully time how long the system is 'on' and how long the system if 'off', ideally to the nearest second. We can then see if there is any variations.
Record the changes in the readings displayed on the controller for LWT, outdoor temperature, and any other temperature and flow readings that are available. Pay particular attention to changes from just before the heat pump stops, during the 20 second shutdown period, and after the heat pump restarts.
Â
I have attached a copy of a manual which details all the various parameter settings, which are listed from page 24 onwards.
I would suggest that you go through your system and make a note of all the values.
I have my doubts over this section.Â
Â
Could this be set incorrectly?Â
Its set the same for this and external thermostat application #1 (floor) and #2 (FCU).
I have no UFH so is the "floor" part irrelevant or have the set the zone 1 and 2 up as "floor" and "FCU" respectively?Â
I've also just changed the 2041 Heating water law for auto mode to WL2-FCU from WL1-Floor. Is that the right thing to do as I don't have UFH?Â
My idea was to first gather the information, then give it a close dose of inspection, and then try to decide what needs to be changed.
Based upon normal operation, I would expect your system to perform in the following manner when in WC mode.
The outdoor air temperature sensor measures the ambient air temperature and conveys this reading to the controller. The controller calculates the required LWT. If either of the room thermostats are calling for heat, and the actual LWT is below the calculated value, by a specified margin, then the heat pump will start operation.
When the actual LWT exceeds the calculated value, by a specified margin, the heat pump will stop operation. When the actual LWT falls below the calculated value, plus the specified margin, the heat pump should restart. This process will probably continue during milder ambient temperatures.
What values did you record during the monitoring process?
Â
Posted by: @craig1980@derek-m I'm just doing the monitoring now.Â
Where would I find the LWT? I'm assuming that's leaving water temp? I have my thermometer nowÂ
The LWT is what is labelled Current Water Outlet on the 'normal' display on the controller.
I assume that your heat pump is still switching back on after only 20 seconds?
The objective of the testing, is to see what is happening to the various temperatures around your heat, as it stops and then restarts. Since the heat pump should not normally restart after only 20 seconds shutdown, something must be causing it to do so.
Â
Images of all figures and settings on the field settings manual. I hope it makes sense?
It is on for exactly 7 mins 58 second and off for exactly 20 seconds.Â
Water outlet 24.8 turns off 24.8 turns on at 21.5 indoor temp on wired remote but 18.5 on room stats confirmed by independent stats. Climbs to 27.2 at the middle of the cycle and drops back to 24.8 by the end.Â
Just checked flow and return temps on rad closest to UVC and it's 25.2 -22.6
- 27 Forums
- 2,783 Topics
- 65.6 K Posts
- 2,366 Online
- 7,187 Members
Join Us!
Installer Finder
Degrees of Separation
Latest Posts
-
RE: Indevolt Batteries UK Support & Info Thread
I've got a podcast recording scheduled this week where ...
By Mars , 8 hours ago
-
RE: Renewable Heating Hub Homeowners' Q&A Podcast
I’m a little late posting this, but it’s genuinely one ...
By Mars , 8 hours ago
-
RE: How should the Boiler Upgrade Scheme be reformed?
Ah, that makes sense when a combi is in place. The boil...
By Batpred , 11 hours ago
-
RE: Replacing Storage Heaters with a Heat Pump in a Stone Cottage
@bobflux Thanks, that gives me something to check the i...
By Paul1098 , 11 hours ago
-
RE: DIY Heat Pump Installations: Navigating Legal and Regulatory Hurdles
Without doing some research I can't immediately answer ...
By JamesPa , 13 hours ago
-
RE: Tesla Powerwall (2) Calibration Cycles
For Powerwall calibration, avoid forcing repeated deep ...
By EnergyStorageTech , 20 hours ago
-
Over the years, due to the non barrier PEX underfloor h...
By bobflux , 1 day ago
-
RE: Getting closer to a finished Haier system
All the 45° elbows required for getting the primaries i...
By Singlespeed , 1 day ago
-
RE: battery storage without solar
Indeed, current on the grid input = current used for ch...
By bobflux , 3 days ago
-
RE: Who's your electricity provider and what's your tariff?
@papahuhu @papahuhu A lot of tears and sweat went into ...
By Andris , 3 days ago
-
RE: Solar Power Output – Let’s Compare Generation Figures
We have the same problem, 12 mature trees clip the morn...
By Papahuhu , 4 days ago
-
RE: Solis inverters S6-EH1P: pros and cons and battery options
I had a battery and inverter installed a while ago, my ...
By Batpred , 4 days ago
-
RE: Is This Initial Free Quote From Octopus Trusted Partner Reasonable?
@ltron2 The EPC on our house is A-92, however that i...
By Rob of York , 4 days ago
-
RE: Heat pump branding. Clever, contemporary… or a bit too much?
The layout is confusing - much better like this: We b...
By downfield , 5 days ago
-
RE: Is it just me, or does tradesperson timekeeping and communication drive you absolutely mad?
My experience, backed up by opinions from various frien...
By Majordennisbloodnok , 5 days ago
Members Online
No online members at the moment












