Heat wave 2022 & the case for A2A ASHPs

Page 3 / 3

Derek M
(@derek-m)
Member Moderator
1964 kWhs
Expert

@kev-m

I installed an A2A Heat Pump which is used predominantly for heating and very occasional cooling. As far as I am concerned it meets the criteria for permitted development as a ASHP, which does not require planning permission. Where you probably would have problems is if you have multiple A2A and A2W heat pumps on the same property.

ReplyQuote
Diverted.Energy
(@diverted-energy)
Beginner Member
220 kWhs

Posted by: @batalto

@ronin92 I've got 5 separate AC units and a heat pump - no issues

3 here, nothing to worry about in my area.

Instead of the, "oh no, can't do", check to see, (you probably don't) if you need it. Just a quick call to planning.

If no, get on with it - if yes, stick an application in and see what happens.

Be positive and positive things happen!

Jeff liked
ReplyQuote
Jeff
 Jeff
(@jeff)
Intermediate Member
1053 kWhs

I live in a conservation area. No permitted development rights here. 

A fairly simple process to get things approved. It is not difficult for us. 

Basically boils down to not altering the street scene, although i do need to get permission for even things like putting a shed in my back garden or moving a shed or taking down a shed for example. Some things we won't attempt as we know we would never get permission. 

It specifically mentions getting permission for air conditioning for example but i suspect that is mostly about positioning. 

In our area we know it's worth checking and getting things in writing as local solicitors ask when properties change hands.

Not a big deal, just something we need to do. Always best to use local builders here who don't get caught out. I saw a house extension knocked down a few months ago for falling foul of the street scene rules, but that is very rare. 

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share:

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're OK with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More