Sofar 6kw Hyd 6000 ES inverter

9 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@misterb)
Reputable Member Member
1092 kWhs
Topic starter  

Has anyone any experience of the Sofar 6kw HYD 6000ES inverter.

After considering lots of well made points in another discussion re linking two inverters, I am slowly coming round the the conclusion that I might aswell just go for one 'more capable' inverter, which offers potential expansion of adding a further solar array.  Which was the option of a couple of contributors and it makes sense. 

The Sofar 6k offers a charging capacity of 5kw per hour at 100A, so is very close to being able to fill my batteries during off peak periods ( I'm looking at installing 2x 14.3 Seplos Mason) in the winter and in the summer will utilise the 4kw PV system that was installed about 7 years ago on FiT scheme, second phase. 

Has anyone any experience of these inverters. I have a Sofar ME3000ES which I am happy with, hence the preferred option of sticking with the same manufacturer. 

(@vaugi)
Estimable Member Member
387 kWhs

Sorry, no experience here.   But doesn't it have a 3kW maximum charge/discharge limit so not a massive upgrade to your current 3kW version? You'll only get output of 6kW if both battery and solar involved (or Solar only)?

This post was modified 10 months ago by vaugi

ReplyQuote
(@misterb)
Reputable Member Member
1092 kWhs
Topic starter  

It wasn't the discharge rate that got me looking at it, I understand it has a charge rate of 5kw but of course I need to check that to make sure

ReplyQuote

(@vaugi)
Estimable Member Member
387 kWhs

@misterb Do you have a different spec sheet from the one above, as that shows charge and discharge at 3kW?

ReplyQuote
(@misterb)
Reputable Member Member
1092 kWhs
Topic starter  
Screenshot 2023 07 07 20 15 05 761 com.android.chrome

Sorry it's a bit blurred, I will try to add the link

https://sofarsolar.eu/products/hyd-3k6k-ep/

Hopefully someone will confirm so I can go ahead and purchase one! It's in the section 'technical details'

This post was modified 10 months ago 4 times by MisterB

ReplyQuote
(@vaugi)
Estimable Member Member
387 kWhs

@misterb Sofar HYD 6000 EP

Different model than the title, and that seems to matter as the specs are different.  Can you see it for sale in UK?

ReplyQuote
(@misterb)
Reputable Member Member
1092 kWhs
Topic starter  

Thanks for that, obv I need to go to spec savers lol! 

I'm still looking for an inverter that can deliver more than 3kw FROM the grid during off peak times then ...

ReplyQuote
(@misterb)
Reputable Member Member
1092 kWhs
Topic starter  

another reason NOT to even hunt down a Sofar HYD 6000 EP is that ir is NOT on the approved list, which i should have checked !!!

ReplyQuote
(@vaugi)
Estimable Member Member
387 kWhs

Apart from Transparent, probably most of us only have experience of one inverter so can't compare easily I guess.

As mentioned before, the Sunsynk brand seems pretty good for the Hybrid inverters, they can be used happily as an AC-coupled or Hybrid inverter.  You have a choice of 5kW or 8.8kW, the latter being a bigger jump up - personally think 5kW is fine.

https://www.itstechnologies.shop/products/sunsynk-ecco-5k-on-off-grid-hybrid-solar-wind-inverter?_pos=2&_psq=sunsynk&_ss=e&_v=1.0

The 5kW will charge and discharge at 5kW.  Take a look at their Youtube channel, there are loads of vidoes which help with how it functions.  Here is my set up below (pictures when it was mostly installed, had a few extra bits and bobs to finish up.

IMG 20230304 182618
IMG 20230308 203843
IMG 20230321 WA0000

I'm just installing a 12kW 3 phase version which will be used only for battery storage, with no direct solar (a previous FIT based 30kW solar install with Solis inverter). 

One thing I don't know is how a Sunsynk works when there is an existing FIT solar install, and then also solar attached to the Sunsynk Hybrid, I think it still only needs one CT clamp as if it detects export on going to the grid it'll charge the battery.

You can set up different timeslots, to charge or discharge only between certain times.  My intention at the moment is to charge the battery off-peak to 50% in summer (leaving space for Solar), 75% Autumn and 100% winter.  I tried a lower than 50% off peak charge for summer but I see it as better to pay 7.5p/kWh than run out of juice and pay 30p peak.  This will vary on your PV size, but we've only got half of ours installed at the moment (2.6kW out of 5.2kW).  When days are really good then it doesn't actually need to top up to 50% as we've ended the day with a higher charge.

MisterB reacted
ReplyQuote

Share:

Join Us!

Latest Posts

x  Powerful Protection for WordPress, from Shield Security
This Site Is Protected By
Shield Security