Joining the Renewable Heating Hub forums is completely free and only takes a minute. By registering you’ll be able to ask questions, join discussions, follow topics you’re interested in, bookmark useful threads and receive notifications when someone replies. Non-registered members also do not have access to our AI features. When choosing your username, please note that it cannot be changed later, so we recommend avoiding brand or product names. Before registering, please take a moment to read the Forum Rules & Terms of Use so we can keep the community helpful, respectful and informative for everyone. Thanks for joining!
Solax X1 Hybrid G3 w/ 3x T5800 HV batteries
Hi all,
We have recently accepted and offer on our house and I'm after some advice on whether should sell our battery storage system to the buyers or try to sell online.
Essentially we've had solax 17.4kwh system on an X1 hybrid (5kw) for 2 years next month. It has been fantastic and we hoped the buyers would give us £7000 as we paid £9000 installed in 2021.
They have offered us £4k which I'm not going to take.
Is £7k unrealistic? I would take with us to our next place but it already has a system installed.
I would probably sell for 6k noting it has had a few cycles (although probably no more than 400 as it only ever really depleted below 50% 4 months a year over winter.
Advice much appreciated.
The thing is with something second hand it’s they don’t have the choice to pick the spec etc.
so although I know it’s still early in it’s lifespan I’d probably not expect to get more than 50% of its value.
250sqm house. 30kWh Sunsynk/Pylontech battery system. 14kWp solar. Ecodan 14kW. BMW iX.
- 27 Forums
- 2,777 Topics
- 65.5 K Posts
- 1,671 Online
- 7,183 Members
Join Us!
Installer Finder
Degrees of Separation
Latest Posts
-
RE: Say hello and introduce yourself
@cathoderay Agree, time to migrate
By Paul1098 , 17 minutes ago
-
RE: Tesla Powerwall (2) Calibration Cycles
I’ve had two calibration cycles in the last three month...
By Davesoa , 6 hours ago
-
RE: Is This Initial Free Quote From Octopus Trusted Partner Reasonable?
@editor That's a pity, but thank you for checking. I'l...
By ltron2 , 20 hours ago
-
My fifth heat pump book, Heat Pumps Explained, is out n...
By Mars , 1 day ago
-
RE: Who's your electricity provider and what's your tariff?
Just furkled Into the parameter menu. Found the master ...
By AgentGeorge , 1 day ago
-
RE: Analysis of the economics of switching to an A2W ASHP compared to other heat sources
It's interesting that Norway with a much colder climate...
By Rob of York , 1 day ago
-
RE: Review your electricity provider
Happy to add Scottish Power and the review 'dont touch ...
By JamesPa , 1 day ago
-
RE: Is it just me, or does tradesperson timekeeping and communication drive you absolutely mad?
Yes, and I would suggest likely to get worse with more ...
By Batpred , 3 days ago
-
RE: Electricity price predictions
This topic seems more suitable for this thread... I a...
By Batpred , 3 days ago
-
RE: Why are ASHP installs so expensive?
It is clearly difficult to say, there must be cases whe...
By Batpred , 3 days ago
-
RE: Panasonic Free Multi Z and Etherea Internal units.
@dgclimatecontrol Thank you for that information and re...
By Toodles , 3 days ago
-
RE: My Kronoterm Adapt 0312 ASHP is finally installed!
@editor It was serendipitous really. Both my wife and I...
By tomasmcguinness , 3 days ago
-
@mrkfm, I'd also suggest that whenever you're ready, st...
By Mars , 4 days ago
-
RE: Are you planning to use a wood burner to supplement your central heating this winter?
I use my stove daily for backup and comfort. Definitely...
By Margarethomas , 4 days ago



